Friday 4 March 2011

Once upon a time...

For a long time now I've had an attraction to people's lifestyles; how people live and why they dress, act and think certain ways - where they travel and what they find along they way, and how these things "define" someone or inform others of who they may be. Over the break I rummaged through old photographs, pictures I had taken myself and images that had a strong nostalgic feeling about them. It was not only the story behind the pictures, but the muted colours and textures within the photographs that attracted me to them. When organising and collating the images I found in an ordered manner, the aesthetic I was attracted to became instantly apparent.

 This was the beginning of my inspirational journey..


Images from my journal.

Photo taken by myself at London's Portobello Markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment